Sunday, October 6, 2013

Meditation

So in addition to trying to clean up my environment and my eating, I'm also trying to clean up my mind.

I had this crazy idea that after hiking in the woods for 5 months, I would be serene and calm with a mind like a clean slate. Not so. My mind is just as big a chaotic whirlwind as before I started hiking.

Enter meditation. In meditation practice, you sit in stillness and focus on a repeated word or phrase or your breathing in an effort to quiet your mind. I'm terrible at it. I always start making lists in my head or think about phone calls I have to make or emails I have to send or laundry I have to do.

But recently, I found out about a free two week online meditation program called Secrets of Meditation and taught by none other than Deepak Chopra. It starts on October 7, so I fully expect to be fully centered and floating around on a pink cloud by October 22.

If you wish to join me in this totally guaranteed, no-fail road to enlightenment, sign up here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment