Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Oriental Stir Fry Carrots

It has been a wonderful October -- the weather is spectacular and the farmer's market is still brimming with wonderful produce. I'm loving the warm days and the food.

This week, I picked up a bunch of lovely carrots.

Normally, I'll go for a recipe that uses both the carrot and the greens, but after two days in the fridge, the greens were looking wilted and not very enticing. (I've got to clean out the refrigerator) So this time around, I cooked just the root part of the carrot.

Oriental Stir Fry Carrots

1) Cut 5-6 medium carrots into medium thick slices.


2) Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in deep fry-pan over medium heat. Add carrots, cover, and cook until soft, about 7 minutes.

3) Meanwhile, in a small bowl, measure 2 tablespoons white vinegar. (I used a white balsamic vinegar which was this gorgeous amber color!)

4) Add 2 tablespoons soy sauce and one minced garlic clove. Whisk together.


5) Add sauce to fry pan with carrots and cook until garlic is fragrant, about 3 minutes.



It tastes even better than it looks!



Fall rocks! And so does the color orange. 
Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment